Gates of the Mountains Marina
The Gates of the Mountains Marina is on the south end of Holter lake just 20 miles north of Helena off Interstate 15 at exit 209 (Gates of the Mountains). The marina has 150 private boat slips and a public boat ramp.
The marina is owned and operated by a non-profit membership organization called Gates of the Mountains, Inc.. The by-laws of the organization allows for 150 family memberships. Only members can occupy or lease a dock in the marina but there is a public ramp open from 7:30 AM to dark.
The ramp cost is $8 for boats on trailers (including personal watercraft) and $5 for boats without trailers. There is an exit gate that allows for boaters to get off the property after close. The mission statement for the club stresses conservation, education and pleasure boating.
The marina consists of 144 private docks ranging in size from 20’ to 30’. The 30’ slips have shore power. All the slips have wings on both sides making mooring easy and protected. There is an on-site manager that acts as a security guard to protect your assets when you leave the marina. If you wish to rent a slip (dock) fill out an application and send it to the P.O. Box. After receiving the membership application the board of directors will vote on accepting the application and you will be notified about becoming a member.
- We have a public boat launch available.
- There is an attendant on site to collect launch fee.
- Fee is $8/day or $5/day for boats without a trailer.
- You are not permitted to tie up overnight or stay on the property.
- Overnight parking is available.
- We maintain the same $8/day fee.
- Please park correctly and do not take up more parking than needed.