2022 Dinner Cruises
Dinner cruises are sold out for the year
Dinner Cruise Details
The Gates of the Mountains has been involved in catering meals for the chartered boat tour customers for many years. After getting lots of request for a dinner open to the public we decided to have Friday night dinner cruises open to the general public by reservation only.
On Friday nights (June 17th, July 8th, July 15th, July 29th, and August 5th 2022) we will have a special evening tour after dinner. Chili O’Brien’s will be catering, offering a choice of meals served casually in our pavilion with a view of the marina on Upper Holter Lake.
After dinner we will go out on the Missouri River for an unforgettable evening tour of the area. The tour generally lasts two hours and is a great way to see the canyon in evening light. The limestone cliffs are colored orange and pink by the setting sun. The added benefit of the evening tour is that the animals come out to feed after resting in the shade most of the day. Instead of looking for the sheep high on the vertical cliffs you might see them right at the rivers edge drinking from the river. Also the animals that are more nocturnal come out like river otters, raccoons, mountain lions and night hawks.
Pricing and Reservations
Dinner Cruise $59 per Person
A casual buffet style dinner with all the trimmings including two different entrées before the evening boat tour. You can bring your own beer or wine. The two hour boat tour after dinner is usually the prettiest.
If you like you can bring your own bottle of wine or cooler of beverages.
- Grilled Choice Montana Flank Steak, that is complemented by our own delicious dry rub and grilled for over hot apple wood coals to seal in those mouthwatering juices. We then carve the flank steak to order and finish this dish off with our Huckleberry Shiraz Balsamic Reduction.
- Garlic Chicken Parmesan, we start by pan frying tender boneless chicken breast in butter and garlic. We then deglaze a pan with crisp white wine, chicken stock, then comes the love by adding heavy cream, shredded Parmesan cheese, bacon, mushrooms, and fresh herbs. This dish is absolutely scrumptious. Served with fettuccine pasta on the side.
- Vegetarian Option: Baked Stuffed Portabella, a wonderful blend of fresh roasted vegetables, fresh herbs and pesto cream cheese that are stuffed into a large Portabella mushroom. We top this flavorful dish with smoked Provolone cheese and baked until it is golden brown. Vegan option available.
- Fresh Garden Salad with ranch, Tuscan and huckleberry vinaigrette
- Rosemary Roasted Tri Colored Fingerling Potatoes
- Steamed Fresh Vegetable Medley with basil garlic butter
- Fresh Baked Dinner Rolls and butter
- Iced tea, lemonade and dessert.